Indulge in a coffeehouse-quality drink with this caramel mocha recipe. With whipped cream and a butterscotch drizzle, this treat will perk up even the sleepiest person at the table.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. MAKES: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- Butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners’ sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk cocoa and half-and-half cream until smooth. Heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk in coffee, caramel syrup and remaining vanilla. Top servings with whipped cream; drizzle with butterscotch topping.
- To prepare in a slow cooker: Prepare whipped cream as directed. Whisk together cocoa, half-and-half, coffee, caramel syrup and remaining vanilla in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
LEAVE A REPLY